Tuesday 13 May 2008

2008-05-12 Meeting

It was interesting to return to SomethingInNottingham after a long absence - no familiar faces. But we found each other.

Most of the conversation was "getting to know" each other's perspective on software development and the role of "Agile". We had a range of developers present - from small teams with one set of fingers on the codebase to large geographically dispersed teams. Even so, a lot of common ground.

One issue we discussed at length was Outsourcing - everyone had bad experiences to relate. I'm not sure if it was in this context, but Andrew Murphy volunteered an experience report for the next meeting.

In view of the bank holiday, I've set the next meeting in three weeks time. (But if people want to meet next week they have my permission. I might even turn up.)

5 comments:

Nancy V said...

I think having outsourcing as a topic is a good idea. Like many, I have mixed feelings about it. I am also interested in Krishna's offer to lead a discussion on the Indian software profession.

Having missed last night's meeting, I'd be keen to have one next Monday, the 19th so Alan I'll take you up on your offer to be there!

Andy Murphy said...

Not sure if I remember offering to talk :-) but I've added a review of last night from my perspective here.

Let me know if it is the wrong place.

Andy

Nancy V said...

I have to amend my suggestion that we meet again on the 19th - I've got a conflicting commitment. But we could just once meet on a Tuesday (the 20th) couldn't we?

Andy Murphy said...

Next week would be a little too soon for me (the boss will not allow me out every week) and Tuesdays will clash with other work commitments.

Anonymous said...

Nancy, you should meet on a Tuesday if you can find anyone to join you. But I won't be there - it clashes with XtC.